Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Canyon of Death

There was a tunnel in a cave on a sheer cliff in the valley of The People. They explored it sometimes, foraging for food.

Most did not return.

The end of the tunnel opened upon a smooth, yellow canyon. The People called the canyon: "Death" because a giant was rumored to live there.

One day, a forager ventured into the canyon: alone and frightened. All he felt before the end was a rush of air from above.

The giant removed its shoe and scraped the dead thing into the swirling lake nearby.

“Damn frogs in the bathtub again!” it said.

1 comment:

  1. This is a semi-true story. I have a hole somewhere behind my bathtub and the tree frogs come visit me on a regular basis. I don't kill them, though, but my cat Missy definitely tries to. But she won't eat them. They might secrete a poison or give off a funny smell or taste.

    I do however, try to whomp the shit out of the freaking huge palmetto bugs that get in here.

    ReplyDelete