Saturday, January 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo Introduction

I thought it was about time to introduce myself on the 'Newbie' forum at NaNoWriMo, so I wrote this little piece:

I'm brand new to the NaNoWrimo scene in 2010, but I've wanted to do this for quite some time.

It's going to be difficult for me as I have just enrolled in college to pursue my BA in English. I will begin my freshman AA degree classes at St. Petersburg College on 2/8. This decision came on the tailwind of my getting laid off from my job in January. I feel it's time for a change of direction.

I'm going to try not to lose my mind in November as I struggle with classes and 1667 a day Wrimo word counts. But I made up my mind that this would be my NaNoWriMo year, and nothing is going to stop me.

I've had poetry published recently in the e-zine market, and I've submitted one flash fiction story. I hope to submit another short story before the end of February.

This will be my first attempt to 'complete' a novel. I have several novels in progress in various stages of life. Some are deceased, but I'm just too stubborn to completely bury them, so they're rotting away on my hard drive. I have a lot of trouble trying to write a novel so I hope that this first Wrimo experience helps me to get over that hump. I'm not expecting to write a great Hemmingway masterpiece, I just want to get a novel written.

Finally, I hope to make some new friends, both Newbies who are just as terrified as I am, and Seasoned Veterans who can give us a helpful hint or a kick in the ass along the way, whichever is needed. I'm looking forward to the adventure.

Peace;

waning_gibbous


No comments:

Post a Comment